Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ground Breaking, Earth Shattering

Aaaaaah, I'd have claimed responsibility for the earthquake in Haiti to have been given a shot at doing this video for Theophilus London. Granted there are thousands of mofos living along the L, J, and G trains with the same skills, experience, and credibility as me; but whenever a favorite on-the-rise Brooklyn based musical artist releases a low to medium budget video without my involvement, I experience quite the irrational wave of wrathful jealousy. But when it turns out this good, I do hand claps (extra points for shooting at Winnie's in Chinatown).

I guess the greater point of this post should be that there's this BK dude Theophilus London making beautiful, brilliant genre-blending tunes. Crossover culture can't be stopped. The Medici Effect pummels all other models of innovation!

No comments: