Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Playing in basketball while high?

I've played basketball probably a million times. I never knew anyone dared to play high until one day while on the court I overheard an older Topeka-bred baller mention he was baked. We had just wrapped 2 hours of legit ball, all of us current or former college athletes. As far as I could tell, the dude in question played at full capacity. I never imagined such a thing was possible until that moment. I was 19 or 20, clearly naive. Later I would hear stories of All-American caliber players who got high before playing college games, some who'd personally dropped 30 plus points against yours truly. I guess it's true when they say marijuana opens your mind, because I grew up believing shit like that was impossible. Now I know better and I'm able to just relax and smile when I see things like this.


Take note of the fact that the announcers praise Lamar Odom for having just put up terrific numbers in leading his team to victory.


Keep in mind this guy has been suspended by the league for testing positive for weed. To b fair, maybe in this instance Odom wasn't acutely high, but it's possible he's just perma-high from years of not giving a fuck.

No comments: