Thursday, December 4, 2008

You know it's bad when

you get excited about commercials, but this Adidas spot is eating so many kudos


bars right now.


...even if it does have Katy Perry in it, at least they had the good sense to include Method Man and Redman. But I don't mind Katy Perry that much, I think she gets a bad rap. What's so wrong with Katy Perry? She's way better than average. What other MTV-famous attractive girl is as fun seeming as Katy Perry? If I'm going to consider my feelings analytically I think I have to defend Katy Perry. If it were possible for me to have an emotion that wasn't considered analytically, would I hate Katy Perry? I think I might. Not to be all Larry Summers (sweet Obama cabinet reference!) but I bet most women hate Katy Perry, and they hate her because most women are relatively irrational. That is, they base judgment of Katy Perry more on emotion than rational analysis. If they were to evaluate her like a baseball scout evaluates a left handed pitcher, they'd come to the conclusion that she's a valuable player with skills to pay the bills. I mean, most women aren't getting rich singing and dancing on TV, am I right? I'm not saying one method of analysis is better than the other, I'm just saying. Anyway, I like how that commercial was shot, dig the harsh camera flash look. If I knew how to do that I would feel the urge to do it on everything I touched for the next however-long I was preoccupied with it.

No comments: