Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why?

Should be working but keep trying to learn instead; recreational housewife learning, because it takes less focus and commitment, and let's face it I'm being a little lazy anyway in a distracting-myself-with-learning-is-a-justified-procrastination-because-it's-in-the-interest-of-self-improvement kind of way. What the fuck am I talking about?

Sparknotes-ing The Myth of Sisyphus is probably better for you than actually reading Camus. It's all, "Facing the absurd does not entail suicide, but, on the contrary, allows us to live life to its fullest," and that makes plenty of sense to me.

Then I'm on to relearning Italian because someday I might need to eagerly speak Italian to an old pizza slinging paisan with a dark mustache in front of a girl on our third date; just in time to reveal the breadth of my worldliness in addition to the already established height, questionable grooming, elusive charm, academic credentials, and moodiness (in that order).

Also, I like this. Nuttin new but an acoustic version sometimes has you really hearing a song for the first time.

No comments: