Saturday, April 25, 2009

dead horses, but was tooling around and found myself face to face with a blatant example of something I've mentioned in this space before...read on, reader. beware the lengthy backstory.

twas back in the day and we were trying to book MGMT for an online music show. It wasn't me that had their manager's number but nonetheless they ask us, "why should we be on your show? you're not that big." and right they were. Soon after they were playing Letterman, and I remember seeing it thinking "there's no way we're getting MGMT." it feels like a long time before "Kids" was being played in clubs alongside "Day And Night and "Just Dance". Anyway compare the Letterman performance to the one from Later with Jules Allison.



I was trying to watch intently and got bored. And I like the song. And this is way better.

No comments: