Sunday, April 12, 2009

Simulacra

I heard this song, instantly liked it and assumed it was recorded in the early 90s by a day glo leotard wearing sex-machine R&B singer (black of course) who managed to fly under my radar all these years. I thought he and some sassy Puerto Rican chica from the block made a song in the vain of I Got A Man, Excuse Me Miss, and Knockin Boots. Should I be impressed or dismayed that it was actually made by two Danish dudes (white of course) in 2006?

Junior Senior - Can I Get Get Get


I guess I should be thankful they like aping good shit. (note: I couldn't find "Excuse me miss"..."No I'm not havin it"..."Well excuse me miss"..."no I'm not havin it" anywhere on the internet. What??? Who's that damn song by? Anybody? It's even referenced by Positive K, an homage to precursor.)

Positive K - I Got A Man


Candyman - Knockin Boots

1 comment:

EPF said...

simulacra is a crazy-buzzy critical theory / social sciency word: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacrum

And yes, our circles have buzz words too...

Way to use the master's degree, egg head...